Making a rare tournament appearance since her abrupt retirement from competitive golf in 2010, Lorena Ochoa opened with a 1-under 69 at the Ladies Lacoste Open de France, an event on the Ladies European Tour.
Ochoa carded four birdies against three bogeys Thursday at the Chantaco Golf Club in Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Aquitane. She is T-17 after the first round, trailing leader Stacey Keating by seven strokes after the Aussie began with an 8-under 62.
A winner of 27 LPGA events during her illustrious career, including a pair of majors, Ochoa was asked to play in this year's event by title sponsor Lacoste, with whom she also has a sponsorship. Although she is scheduled to play in her own Lorena Ochoa Invitational in Guadalajara next month, Ochoa insists that she has no plans to return to competitive golf on a regular basis.
Tags: Lorena Ochoa
Premiering Monday, May 13, Big Break Mexico to feature male/female cast at Iberostar Playa Paraiso Resort & Spa. Read More
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots