Making a rare tournament appearance since her abrupt retirement from competitive golf in 2010, Lorena Ochoa opened with a 1-under 69 at the Ladies Lacoste Open de France, an event on the Ladies European Tour.
Ochoa carded four birdies against three bogeys Thursday at the Chantaco Golf Club in Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Aquitane. She is T-17 after the first round, trailing leader Stacey Keating by seven strokes after the Aussie began with an 8-under 62.
A winner of 27 LPGA events during her illustrious career, including a pair of majors, Ochoa was asked to play in this year's event by title sponsor Lacoste, with whom she also has a sponsorship. Although she is scheduled to play in her own Lorena Ochoa Invitational in Guadalajara next month, Ochoa insists that she has no plans to return to competitive golf on a regular basis.
Tags: Lorena Ochoa
Premiering Monday, May 13, Big Break Mexico to feature male/female cast at Iberostar Playa Paraiso Resort & Spa. Read More
- SCORING: McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play