Reaction: USGA's decision to end U.S. Publinx
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 11, 2013 12:05 PM ET
The men’s and women’s U.S. Amateur Public Links will not be played after 2014, and our team of GolfChannel.com writers have already weighed in on the decision.
Now, a few prominent pros and amateurs have taken to Twitter to voice their opinion.
Check it out below:
Ok, so lemme get this straight, you're adding 4 ball(cool) but getting rid of the championship for which your organization stands. #publinks— Arron Oberholser (@ArronOberholser) February 11, 2013
BREAKING: USGA to "retire" US AM comp in favor of husband/wife "nine & dine". Winner receives 2 for 1 Waffle House passes Masters week. LOL.— Arron Oberholser (@ArronOberholser) February 11, 2013
@usga makes another bad decision by getting rid of the US Pub Links. Keep it going guys. See what else you can ruin.— Brendan Steele (@Brendan_Steele) February 11, 2013
The Pub Links made no sense in today's world. Served its purpose decades ago, then became controversial as to who can play.— Blake Biddle (@Blake_Biddle) February 11, 2013
Really sorry to hear that the public links will be cancelled in 2014.It's a great tournament for game. Very surprised. Replaced by 4ball?— Keegan Bradley (@Keegan_Bradley) February 11, 2013
Usga dumps the Publinx. I hope every public course golfers stops joining the usga. How many guys grew up on public courses on USGA board?— noah zelnik (@noahzelnik) February 11, 2013
@usga congrats. You guys are on fire. First the anchored putter. Now the Publinx. What next? When are you guys building the USGA Private CC?— noah zelnik (@noahzelnik) February 11, 2013
Sad to see USAPL go away. I grew up playing on public courses and playing the event and thought it was a great championship. #4ball?— Scott Langley (@Scott_Langley) February 11, 2013
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air