Report: McIlroy, Nike reach deal, shoot commercials
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 2, 2012 2:50 PM ET
McIlroy’s new deal is estimated to be worth at least $200 million, and possibly as much as $250 million, over 10 years, according to the report.
The news comes after Titleist and McIlroy announced earlier this week that the world's No. 1 ranked golfer would not renew a deal. FoxSports.com also is reporting that McIlroy has already filmed his first Nike television commercial, which Nike plans to air next year. The commercial also will feature Tiger Woods, who appears to have helped in the recruiting of McIlroy to Nike.
The commercial will feature McIlroy and Woods “bantering” and “marveling” while hitting Nike’s new red driver, according to the report. Nick Watney and Kyle Stanley are also reported to be in the commercial.
Neither Nike or McIlroy’s representatives have yet confirmed the deal. Nike representatives have repeatedly told GolfChannel.com that they will not comment on speculation.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy won't address management speculation
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air