Report: McIlroy to purchase $10 million Florida mansion
- By Will Gray
- Dec 8, 2012 4:49 PM ET
Perhaps Tiger and Rory will be carpooling to practice rounds in 2013?
The home, which was built in 2012, measures 10,000 square feet and includes six bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a world-class gym, a private deep-water dock – and yes, a putting green. According to a source cited in the report, McIlroy has been renting along the nearby Loxahatchee River for several years.
"He likes it here," the source indicated. "It's only natural he'd buy something."
The current owner could not be reached according to the report, but a site devoted to the sale of the property had been reportedly taken down. Should McIlroy move in, he would be just a few miles down the road from Tiger Woods, who moved into a $55 million mansion in nearby Jupiter Island, Fla. last year.
Tags: Rory McIlroy
Graeme McDowell and Lee Westwood both weighed in on Rory McIlroy's decision to leave Horizon Sports Management. Read More
- Garcia apologizes for Woods "fried chicken" remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth