Report: McIlroy to purchase $10 million Florida mansion
- By Will Gray
- Dec 8, 2012 4:49 PM ET
Perhaps Tiger and Rory will be carpooling to practice rounds in 2013?
The home, which was built in 2012, measures 10,000 square feet and includes six bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a world-class gym, a private deep-water dock – and yes, a putting green. According to a source cited in the report, McIlroy has been renting along the nearby Loxahatchee River for several years.
"He likes it here," the source indicated. "It's only natural he'd buy something."
The current owner could not be reached according to the report, but a site devoted to the sale of the property had been reportedly taken down. Should McIlroy move in, he would be just a few miles down the road from Tiger Woods, who moved into a $55 million mansion in nearby Jupiter Island, Fla. last year.
Tags: Rory McIlroy
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process