When the Omega Dubai Desert Classic celebrates its 25th anniversary next year, it may have one very prominent past champion in the field.
Woods has played the Dubai event six times and is a two-time winner (2006, '08). For the past two seasons he has begun his year in Abu Dhabi, tying for third last year and missing the cut this past January.
Tournament dates for the 2014 PGA and European tours have yet to be released, but Woods’ agent Mark Steinberg is reportedly in talks with tournament officials at several overseas events, including Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
“Dubai is the first place he went in the Middle East, he’s won there a couple of times, and we’d do it out of respect because it’s the 25th anniversary,” Steinberg told ESPN.com on Wednesday at Doral. “They are making a very big deal out of that.”
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path