Awkward! Tiger-Scott pairing narrowly averted
- By Rex Hoggard
- Nov 12, 2011 2:56 AM ET
Had Woods not birdied the par-5 14th hole, and various other stars not fallen into place, he would have finished at 5 over par and tied with Adam Scott. It had the possibility of being a nightmare pairing for officials considering Scott’s caddie Steve Williams is still reeling following a racial comment directed at Woods during an event last week in Shanghai.
Instead, Woods will play the final round with Aaron Baddeley, who he may face at next week’s Presidents Cup, and Scott will play with Peter O’Malley.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae