Seminole Pro-Member features star-studded field
- By Rex Hoggard
- Mar 4, 2013 1:27 PM ET
JUNO BEACH, Fla. – An institution that began in 1937 continued on Monday at venerable Seminole Golf Club with a field that would make many PGA Tour tournament directors envious.
For Jonathan Byrd, the event is a warm-up before returning to the Tour following an extended stay on the disabled list. Byrd hasn’t played this season because of a wrist ailment. He teed off just past noon on a cold, windswept afternoon at the south Florida club.
Rickie Fowler has won the gross competition the last two years, paired with Buddy Marucci, while Rose teamed to win the net division last year.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth