Snedeker withdraws from Open because of cracked ribs
- By Rex Hoggard
- Jun 11, 2012 7:53 PM ET
SAN FRANCISCO – Brandt Snedeker has withdrawn from this week’s U.S. Open, slowed since the Memorial with a cracked rib on his right side according to his manager with Crown Sports Management.
Snedker, who withdrew on Saturday from the Memorial and last week’s FedEx St. Jude Classic, has been undergoing treatment in Nashville, Tenn., and during his final checkup on Monday decided he didn’t want to risk further injury.
He will be replaced in the field by Jordan Spieth.
Snedeker plans to be fully recovered in time to play the AT&T National.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room:Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly