I'm about to peak on the geek meter but the golf world is suddenly looking like one of the "Star Wars" trilogy movies.
Right or wrong, the on course cursing, spitting and the fall out after hitting a hydrant has Tiger Woods looking like Darth Vader. He just needs Nike to make him a black mask that makes that weird breathing noise.
Playing the part of Luke Skywalker, 22-year-old Rory McIlroy. A well-liked talent with boyish charm. The force is strong with this one. He even has his own Obe-Wan Kenobi in Jack Nicklaus who offered advice on how to handle the spotlight.
Soon, I hope they will use sand wedges instead of lightsabers for a great duel. I'm not sure which death-star will host this match up, maybe Royal St. George's for the Open Championship or Atlanta Athletic Club for the PGA Championship.
Regardless, it will be great theater and we know how well "Star Wars" did at the theater.
- SCORING: McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play