Twitter handles debut on caddie bibs at Wegmans LPGA
- By Randall Mell
- Jun 6, 2012 11:19 AM ET
PITTSFORD, N.Y. – The LPGA’s social media connection ratchets up this week at the Wegmans LPGA Championship.
In Wednesday’s pro-am, the tour unveiled its new caddie bibs, featuring the handles of every player who has a Twitter account.
“It’s about time,” Suzann Pettersen said. “It’s almost so simple . . . Why someone hasn’t come up with that before.”
Pettersen said this Tuesday, on the eve of the bib debut. When her pro-am starting time arrived Wednesday morning, the idea might not have seemed so simple. Her name was misspelled by local tournament staff as Petterson. The mistake is being corrected before Thursday’s start.
Note: Coverage of the Wegmans LPGA Championship can be seen on Golf Channel Thursday-Friday from noon-2:30 p.m. ET and Saturday-Sunday from 2-7 p.m. ET.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly