Bubba throwing out first pitch, doesn't miss golf
- By Ryan Ballengee
- May 11, 2012 11:47 AM ET
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – Masters winner Bubba Watson will try to pull off a different kind of hook on Friday near his hometown.
Watson will throw out the ceremonial first pitch as the minor league Pensacola Wahoos take on the Birmingham Barons, Fox10tv.com reported. Pensacola is about a half-hour drive from Bagdad, Fla., where Watson was raised.
Team officials hope to have everyone in attendance wear green in honor of Watson's playoff triumph last month at Augusta National. Watson will don his green jacket at the team's Community Maritime Park.
Watson pulled out of the Wells Fargo Championship and The Players Championship to spend time at home with his wife, Angie, and newly adopted son, Caleb, who cannot leave Florida while the adoption process is finalized. He tweeted he will likely take the entire month of May off from the PGA Tour.
Asked by a fan on Twitter if he is itching to get back to playing, Watson replied, "Not missing golf at all."
Tags: Bubba Watson
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Senior PGA Championship
- Kuchar leads by 1 at Colonial after Day 3 | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots