Wozniacki teases McIlroy over Christmas present
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 22, 2012 10:42 AM ET
Rory McIlroy had to answer on more than just his six opening-round birdies during his Thursday news conference at the DP World .
McIlroy’s girlfriend, former tennis No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki, grabbed a microphone from a reporter and asked Rory, "If you win this week am I going to get a really nice Christmas present?"
The current men’s golf No. 1 replied, "Have you not already got a lot of nice presents?
"I have been looking, I have been looking. But it won't take winning this week to buy you a nice present – I'll get you a nice present anyway."
The post-round flirtation continued with this exchange:
Wozniacki: "That must be because I'm an unbelievable cheerleader."
McIlroy: “You're a better tennis player.”
Wozniacki: “That's not very nice.”
McIlroy has won money titles on both the European and PGA tours this year, officially compiling over $13 million. A win this week would net him an additional $1.33 million plus $1 million from the bonus pool.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play