Wozniacki teases McIlroy over Christmas present
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 22, 2012 10:42 AM ET
Rory McIlroy had to answer on more than just his six opening-round birdies during his Thursday news conference at the DP World .
McIlroy’s girlfriend, former tennis No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki, grabbed a microphone from a reporter and asked Rory, "If you win this week am I going to get a really nice Christmas present?"
The current men’s golf No. 1 replied, "Have you not already got a lot of nice presents?
"I have been looking, I have been looking. But it won't take winning this week to buy you a nice present – I'll get you a nice present anyway."
The post-round flirtation continued with this exchange:
Wozniacki: "That must be because I'm an unbelievable cheerleader."
McIlroy: “You're a better tennis player.”
Wozniacki: “That's not very nice.”
McIlroy has won money titles on both the European and PGA tours this year, officially compiling over $13 million. A win this week would net him an additional $1.33 million plus $1 million from the bonus pool.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots