You see them in front of the camera, but here's a quick look at some of Golf Channel's on-air talent behind closed doors. This week it's Holly Sonders. Sonders joined Golf Channel in January 2011 as part of the "Morning Drive" show and is also featured on "School of Golf." A graduate of Michigan State University with a degree in communications, Sonders was a four-year member of the MSU women's golf team and helped the Lady Spartans to a Big Ten Championship in 2007.
Too many great ones to choose from. And now I even have the chance to work with a few that I grew up watching on Golf Channel!
Favorite all-time movie (comedy and drama)?
"Happy Gilmore" and "The Departed"
Dream golfing vacation?
A course located in warm weather, with no wind and sunny skies. Also near a big city!
What is the hardest thing about being a golf broadcaster?
Maintaining focus and reading/speaking, while someone else is talking in your ear (producer).
Favorite personal blooper reel moment?
Too many to count ... we are LIVE every morning for 2 hours. I have at least one each day!
What is a little-known secret about doing TV?
Smile. It makes things seem so much better for those watching ... even if you're off your game that day. Also, sometimes people sitting behind a desk wear shorts with their jacket and tie ... you just never see them from the waist down. Nobody at Golf Channel does this, but I've seen it done before!
Funniest co-worker at Golf Channel?
Tags: Holly Sonders
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path