You see them in front of the camera, but here's a quick look at some of Golf Channel's on-air talent behind closed doors. This week it's Holly Sonders. Sonders joined Golf Channel in January 2011 as part of the "Morning Drive" show and is also featured on "School of Golf." A graduate of Michigan State University with a degree in communications, Sonders was a four-year member of the MSU women's golf team and helped the Lady Spartans to a Big Ten Championship in 2007.
Too many great ones to choose from. And now I even have the chance to work with a few that I grew up watching on Golf Channel!
Favorite all-time movie (comedy and drama)?
"Happy Gilmore" and "The Departed"
Dream golfing vacation?
A course located in warm weather, with no wind and sunny skies. Also near a big city!
What is the hardest thing about being a golf broadcaster?
Maintaining focus and reading/speaking, while someone else is talking in your ear (producer).
Favorite personal blooper reel moment?
Too many to count ... we are LIVE every morning for 2 hours. I have at least one each day!
What is a little-known secret about doing TV?
Smile. It makes things seem so much better for those watching ... even if you're off your game that day. Also, sometimes people sitting behind a desk wear shorts with their jacket and tie ... you just never see them from the waist down. Nobody at Golf Channel does this, but I've seen it done before!
Funniest co-worker at Golf Channel?
Tags: Holly Sonders
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots