Tiger, Rory filmed Nike commercial separately
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 17, 2013 3:41 PM ET
Both making their 2013 season debuts in Abu Dhabi, Tiger Woods and the newest Nike player, Rory McIlroy, appeared in their first commercial together for the equipment and apparel manufacturer this week.
Except for the fact that, according to ESPN's Bob Harig, the pair were never together at any time while filming the spot.
As it turns out, scheduling conflicts prevented the top two players in the world from appearing together for the commercial shoot, which occurred in Southern California last October. Instead, McIlroy's part was filmed first, with Woods recording his portion a few days later. In both cases, the players used stand-in actors to play the roles of their counterparts.
And because the Internet never sleeps, the first spoof of the pair's debut ad is already up and running, thanks to 4GolfOnline:
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots