Texas man sets world record with 14-foot golf club
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 8, 2012 7:00 PM ET
Michael Furrh, a golf pro from Arlington, Texas, uses this 14-foot-2.5-inch driver to hit a ball 146 yards in this clip, an unofficial world record. Guinness World Record auditors were on hand to document the "special" occasion. Not sure if golf's governing bodies have a stance on long drivers, but if this thing catches on, we should expect a ruling in about 40 years.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots