"The only thing that will make me feel better is if I punch Nick Faldo in the back of the neck." - Matt Kuchar, after losing his quarterfinal match, with a joke that he says meant no harm.
"Jack needs to lose some weight." – Luke Donald, jokingly referring to the weight of the Jack Nicklaus trophy, upon accepting the award for the PGA Tour Player of the Year.
“I will definitely have to find some bacon for this weekend.” – Katie Futcher, who says eating up to 10 strips of bacon during a round helps her play better. She did so in the second round in Singapore and shared the 36-hole lead.
"It kind of put things into perspective, at the same time I’m getting pounded on Twitter here I am burying my best friend’s dad." – Keegan Bradley, on a week in which his was catching flak for his spitting habit.
"I think he's beatable. Of course I need to play good." – Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, on the eve of his opening-round match against Tiger Woods. Woods defeated Gonzo 1 up.
I feel exactly the same way as he does. I feel he’s beatable too." – Tiger Woods, who advanced to the second round of the WGC-Accenture Match Play only to fall to Nick Watney after missing a 5-footer on the 18th to extend the match.
"... I’m in bushes, cactus, cacti or whatever you want to call them, everywhere, and then I have a putt to halve the hole after I buried it in the wash there." – Woods, again, on his sub-par play in the first round yet still managed to beat Fernandez-Castano.
“It's had some teething problems, I guess you could say, but everyone’s got the gist of it now, and on the whole, everyone’s pretty happy on how it operates." – Adam Scott, on the PGA Tour's five-year extension with FedEx to host the FedEx Cup.
"I think I have a silly sense of humor, and Nick’s a big boy. I don’t want any piece of him." - Kuchar again, in trying to clarify his comment about punching Faldo in the back of the neck.
Keegan Bradley again bogeyed Nos. 1 and 18 in the second round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship. Unlike the first round, Bradley didn't set a course record. But he still finished with a three-strok... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process