PGA Tour Q-School first stage: Pine Mountain, Ga.
72 210 T18 Stuart Anderson -6 71 67 72 210 T18 Corbin Mills -6 73 64 73 210 T24 Thomas Smith -5 71 71 69 211 T24 Jack Newman -5 67 75 69 211 T24 Jin Park -5 72 69 70 211 T24 Eddie Lee -5 70 73 68 211 T24 Andy Winings -5 69 71 71 211 T24
PGA Tour Q-School second stage: McKinney, Texas
Paul Imondi Tustin, CA +3 F * +3 70 74 72 75 291 T58 Andrew Buckle Cleveland, OH +3 F * +2 72 71 74 74 291 T58 Jack Newman Des Moines, IA +3 F * -2 74 71 76 70 291 T58 Scott Gutschewski Prosper, TX +3 F * -2 77 69 75 70 291 T58 Brandon
Waiting is the hardest part
Jack Newman waited. And waited. And waited. He went back to his hotel room. He sat in his car and listened to music. He played games on his
Time to go back to the basics for Newman
one thing – a Democratic president. Every professional golfer, however, fears something else – a two-way miss. Jack Newman has been battling the latter for some time now. “My miss,” he said, “was always short, right. Then I started
The Minors: Consistently searching
champion, players just can’t keep from tinkering with their game. “You’re always trying to get better,” Jack Newman said. “Sometimes it doesn’t work that way.” After casting aside early-season swing changes in the middle of
Nothing like the present
else. Home in Iowa, following a second-stage exit from PGA Tour Q-School and facing another year in the minors, Jack Newman found a book on his bed. “’The Power of Now’ by Eckhart Tolle. My mom left it for me,” he said. “She knew
A True Character
note: GolfChannel.com will be following four mini-tour players – Tim Hegarty, Zack Sucher, Benoit Beisser and Jack Newman – over the course of 2011 in our new feature, "The Minors." Check in each week for the players' progress, updates
Lucky No. 21
GolfChannel.com will be following four mini-tour players – Tim Hegarty, Zack Sucher, Benoit 'Wah' Beisser and Jack Newman – over the course of 2011 in our new feature, "The Minors." Check in each week for the players' progress, updates
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on ban: 'Not going to roll over and accept this'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth