The third ace of the Golf Channel Am Tour Senior National Championships was recorded Tuesday on the Norman Course at PGA West.
Peter Hunt, playing the Sarazen Flight, knocked it in on the 155-yard 13th hole with a 6-iron. He qualified for nationals with two victories in 2011, including the Seattle Tour Championship.
It was the second ace for Hunt, a 51-year-old from Bellevue, Washington but his first in tournament play. He celebrated with the ceremonious running-of-the-bar-tab in the clubhouse after the round.
"I hit an amazing shot,” said Hunt. “As soon as I hit it I knew it would be close. I couldn't see it and we got up to the hole and I was worried it had gone over the back. I was heading off to the hazard and my two competitors found it in the hole!"
Tags: Golf Channel Am Tour
Arnold Palmer Private Course -- Host to the PGA TOUR's Humana Challange -- Joins PGA WEST's roster of courses hosting the National Championships. Read More
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process