The third ace of the Golf Channel Am Tour Senior National Championships was recorded Tuesday on the Norman Course at PGA West.
Peter Hunt, playing the Sarazen Flight, knocked it in on the 155-yard 13th hole with a 6-iron. He qualified for nationals with two victories in 2011, including the Seattle Tour Championship.
It was the second ace for Hunt, a 51-year-old from Bellevue, Washington but his first in tournament play. He celebrated with the ceremonious running-of-the-bar-tab in the clubhouse after the round.
"I hit an amazing shot,” said Hunt. “As soon as I hit it I knew it would be close. I couldn't see it and we got up to the hole and I was worried it had gone over the back. I was heading off to the hazard and my two competitors found it in the hole!"
Tags: Golf Channel Am Tour
Arnold Palmer Private Course -- Host to the PGA TOUR's Humana Challange -- Joins PGA WEST's roster of courses hosting the National Championships. Read More
- Garcia makes controversial Woods remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth