AUGUSTA, Ga. – Here are some Round 1 course statistics from Thursday at the Masters.
• The three most holes on the course were all on the back nine. The par-4 11th hole was the most difficult of the day with a 4.474 stroke average. The closing hole was the second most difficult with a 4.454 average and the par-4 17th was the third most difficult at 4.289.
• The back nine also produced the two easiest holes and it’s no surprise that it’s both of the famous par 5s. The 15th was easiest at 4.649 stroke average and the 13th was second easiest at 4.680.
• The four easiest holes were all par 5s.
• The stroke average for the front nine was more than a full shot easier than the back nine. The front was 36.196 and the back was 37.227.
• The combined stroke average for the day was 73.423.