The PGA Tour on Friday announced its dates and sites for this year's Web.com Tour qualifying school.
The final stage of this year's qualifying will be held on the Champion and Fazio courses at PGA National in Palm Bench Gardens, Fla. on Dec. 11-16. Participants have to survive three preliminary stages to make it to PGA National, where they will then play 108 holes (six rounds).
This is the second year of the Tour's revamped qualifying procedure. From 1965-2012, the PGA Tour held its own Q-School tournament for players to earn their Tour cards. But starting last year, the Tour opted to re-do the process, extending its 25 of its 50 new Tour cards through a series of events now called the Web.com Tour finals. The remaining spots go to the top 25 on the Web.com money list.
Q-School has now become the path the Web.com Tour - not the the PGA Tour.
Dates and sites for all Q-School stages appear below. The application deadline for the pre-qualifying stage was this past Wednesday, Aug. 13. The deadline for the first, second and final stages in Sept. 17.
Pre-Qualifying Stage (54 holes / Approximately 78-player fields / No cut)
Wednesday-Friday, September 3-5, 2014 (Practice-September 1 and 2)
• Brunswick, Ga., Brunswick CC
• Woodland, Calif., Yolo Fliers Club
Wednesday-Friday, September 17-19, 2014 (Practice-September 15 and 16)
• Florence, S.C., Florence CC
• Lincoln, Neb., Wilderness Ridge GC
• Dallas, Texas, Golf Club of Dallas
• Spring, Texas, Cypresswood GC (Tradition Course)
• La Quinta, Calif., PGA West (Norman Course)
First Qualifying Stage (72 holes / Approximately 78-player fields / No cut)
Tuesday-Friday, October 7-10, 2014 (Practice-October 5 and 6)
• Johns Creek, Ga., The Standard Club
• Nebraska City, Neb., Arbor Links
• Gautier, Miss., Shell Landing GC
• Lantana, Texas, Lantana GC
• The Woodlands, Texas, The Woodlands CC (Tournament)
• Maricopa, Ariz., Southern Dunes GC
Tuesday-Friday, October 14-17, 2014 (Practice-October 12 and 13)
• Pine Mountain, Ga., Callaway Gardens (Mountain Course)
• West Palm Beach, Fla., The Breakers Rees Jones® Course
• Dayton, Nev., Dayton Valley GC
Tuesday-Friday, October 21-24, 2014 (Practice-October 19 and 20)
• Stevinson, Calif., Stevinson Ranch GC
• Pinehurst, N.C., Pinewild CC
• St. Augustine, Fla., St. Johns CC
• Beaumont, Calif., Morongo GC at Tukwet Canyon (Champions Course)
Second Qualifying Stage (72 holes / Approximately 78-player fields / No cut)
Tuesday-Friday, November 11-14, 2014 (Practice-November 9 and 10)
• Brooksville, Fla., Southern Hills Plantation
• McKinney, Texas, TPC Craig Ranch
• Kingwood, Texas, Deerwood Club
Tuesday-Friday, November 18-21, 2014 (Practice-October 16 and 17)
• Plantation, Fla., Plantation Preserve GC
• Panama City Beach, Fla., Hombre GC (Bad/Ugly)
• Murrieta, Calif., Bear Creek GC