PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – It’s all on the line Sunday at the season finale. Here’s what You Oughta Know heading into the final round of the Web.com Tour Championship, where PGA Tour cards remain at stake:
• Emiliano Grillo leads the event by two shots through 54 holes. Grillo, 23, has played the European Tour the last four years and lost in a playoff earlier this year at the PGA Tour’s Puerto Rico Open.
• Grillo is no stranger to TPC Sawgrass. In 2010, he contended at the Junior Players Championship on the adjacent Stadium Course, finishing T-2 alongside Jordan Spieth.
• Grillo will top the Web.com Tour Finals money list if he wins the event and Chez Reavie finishes third or worse. That distinction would bring with it fully-exempt status and a spot in the 2016 Players Championship.
• Reavie won the second Finals event and currently tops the money list. He enters the final round alone in second, two behind Grillo, and will clinch the money title with a top-two finish.
• Lucas Glover is 10 under, alone in third place and three shots behind Grillo. Glover is the lone major champion in the Finals field and has already clinched his return to the PGA Tour.
• Sam Saunders begins the final round alone in fourth place. Saunders, the grandson of Arnold Palmer, lost in a playoff at the Puerto Rico Open and seeks his first professional victory.
• The top 25 players from the Finals money list after Sunday’s round will earn PGA Tour cards for next season. Through three rounds, five players have played their way into the projected top 25: Tyrone van Aswegen, Robert Garrigus, Derek Fathauer, Kevin Tway and Greg Eason.
• Axley is currently projected at No. 26 after missing the cut this week. Last year he finished No. 25 on the list, earning his card by only $32 over Roberto Castro.
• Englishman Brian Davis began the week at No. 22, and after three rounds he is projected at No. 25. Davis is 2 under, tied for 39th with one round to go. He is currently projected to finish $597 ahead of Axley.