Video: How to navigate the course on a windy day
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 7, 2013 3:00 PM ET
The 2013 PGA schedule has been derailed by wind in Maui, as the Plantation Course at Kapalua has been unplayable because high winds won’t allow balls to come to rest on the course's severely undulated greens.
While you might never play in conditions this difficult, everyone who plays golf will tee it up from time to time on a windy day.
In this video segment, School of Golf host Martin Hall has some great tips to help you control your ball in various wind conditions.
Playing in the wind can be the most difficult element you face on the course, so take this advice and you’ll fare better the next time you find yourself playing on a windy day.
For more Golf Channel tips to help you deal with extreme weather conditions, click here.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process