The format and draw for the inaugural, eight-man Turkish Airlines World Golf Final – one of the most intriguing off-season events – was announced Monday.
Players are divided into two groups based on their world ranking on April 1. Within each group, players compete against each other in a medal-match play, round-robin format. The winner of that match is awarded one point.
After three round-robin matches, the player ranked first in Group 1 will play against the player ranked second in Group 2, and vice versa. The winning players from each group meet in the final at Antalya Golf Club in Belek.
The matches are played using an 18-hole, medal-match play, round-robin format.
The tee times (all times ET):
Tuesday, Oct. 9:
5:30 a.m.: Rory McIlroy vs. Matt Kuchar
5:40 a.m.: Tiger Woods vs. Charl Schwartzel
5:50 a.m.: Hunter Mahan vs. Justin Rose
6 a.m.: Lee Westwood vs. Webb Simpson
Wednesday, Oct. 10:
1:30 a.m.: Lee Westwood vs. Justin Rose
1:40 a.m.: Hunter Mahan vs. Webb Simpson
1:50 a.m.: Rory McIlroy vs. Charl Schwartzel
2 a.m.: Tiger Woods vs. Matt Kuchar
6 a.m.: Justin Rose vs. Webb Simpson
6:10 a.m.: Lee Westwood vs. Hunter Mahan
6:20 a.m.: Charl Schwartzel vs. Matt Kuchar
6:30 a.m.: Rory McIlroy vs. Tiger Woods
Thursday, Oct. 11:
2 a.m.: Group A winner vs. Group B second place
2:10 a.m.: Group B winner vs. Group A second place
Friday, Oct. 12:
1:30 a.m.: Final match
- SCORING: Wind howling in Nelson Rd. 4 | LPGA
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play