The format and draw for the inaugural, eight-man Turkish Airlines World Golf Final – one of the most intriguing off-season events – was announced Monday.
Players are divided into two groups based on their world ranking on April 1. Within each group, players compete against each other in a medal-match play, round-robin format. The winner of that match is awarded one point.
After three round-robin matches, the player ranked first in Group 1 will play against the player ranked second in Group 2, and vice versa. The winning players from each group meet in the final at Antalya Golf Club in Belek.
The matches are played using an 18-hole, medal-match play, round-robin format.
The tee times (all times ET):
Tuesday, Oct. 9:
5:30 a.m.: Rory McIlroy vs. Matt Kuchar
5:40 a.m.: Tiger Woods vs. Charl Schwartzel
5:50 a.m.: Hunter Mahan vs. Justin Rose
6 a.m.: Lee Westwood vs. Webb Simpson
Wednesday, Oct. 10:
1:30 a.m.: Lee Westwood vs. Justin Rose
1:40 a.m.: Hunter Mahan vs. Webb Simpson
1:50 a.m.: Rory McIlroy vs. Charl Schwartzel
2 a.m.: Tiger Woods vs. Matt Kuchar
6 a.m.: Justin Rose vs. Webb Simpson
6:10 a.m.: Lee Westwood vs. Hunter Mahan
6:20 a.m.: Charl Schwartzel vs. Matt Kuchar
6:30 a.m.: Rory McIlroy vs. Tiger Woods
Thursday, Oct. 11:
2 a.m.: Group A winner vs. Group B second place
2:10 a.m.: Group B winner vs. Group A second place
Friday, Oct. 12:
1:30 a.m.: Final match
- SCORING: Bahamas LPGA | Senior PGA Champ.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots