Grace on Tiger: 'Nicest guy I've ever played with'
- By Randall Mell
- Aug 4, 2012 4:48 PM ET
With Grace blitzing Firestone Saturday with a flurry of birdies in their third consecutive pairing at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational this week, the experience was even grander.
Grace birdied five of the first nine holes in the third round, making the turn in 30. He ultimately posted a 66.
“I hadn’t played with him before, but now, to have played with him three days in a row, has been unreal,” Grace said. “I've learned a hell of a lot from playing with him. The way he plays shots, the way he handles himself and things like that, has been great. He's there because he is the best in the world. I've seen it now, and I think people really criticize him, that is wrong. He's one hell of a guy, and he's pretty much the nicest guy I've ever played with.”
Grace, a 24-year-old South African, has won three times on the European Tour this year. He and Woods are the only three-time winners on the men’s major tours this year.
Tiger Woods will be paired with the only other three-time winner on the major men’s tours this year during the first two rounds of this week’s WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. Read More
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth