Batter up, Lefty!
A group that includes Phil Mickelson reached an agreement Monday to buy the San Diego Padres, pending approval by Major League Baseball owners. The purchase price is believed to be around $800 million.
The group of investors is headed by former Los Angeles Dodgers owner Peter O’Malley.
Last month, Mickelson, a San Diego resident, described himself as “kind of a silent partner” and added that “any of the operations is not my deal.”
“I really like the people I’m involved with,” Mickelson said at the British Open. “I think they’re just as competitive as I am, and I’m excited about bringing something to the community.”
Tags: Phil Mickelson
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- C. Choi tops crowded LPGA leaderboard | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process