KAPALUA, Hawaii – Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
That was the sentiment felt throughout the locker room Sunday at The Plantation Course. After stopping, starting, resetting and delaying Round 1 of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions across three days, players were skeptical that Sunday would prove any different.
"After we went through Friday and then having Saturday blown out, as well, we were kind of expecting that today," Matt Kuchar said. "With the wind being as strong as it was this morning ... I think most guys pretty much could have told you what was going to happen in the locker room."
Sunday winds sustained 25-35 mph and PGA Tour officials registered gusts up to 48 mph.
"I'm not sure if that was the point to show that we're making every effort to play," Kuchar said.
Monday's forecast calls for 25-30 mph winds and hopefully, a golf tournament.
"We were closer today with the sunshine. ... All of us are expecting to get out early and play 36 tomorrow," Kuchar said.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots