Race to Dubai bonus pool slashed in half for 2012
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jan 5, 2012 12:05 PM ET
The Race to Dubai bonus pool has been cut in half for 2012, the European Tour announced on Thursday. The top 10 on the Order of Merit at season’s end will receive a share of $3.75 million, with the winner taking home a $1 million bonus.
In the first three years of the Race to Dubai, the top 15 finishers on the Order of Merit split approximately $7.5 million. Luke Donald, the 2011 champion, received $1.5 million.
The purse for the renamed season-ending DP World Tour Championship was increased for 2012 by $500,000 to $8 million.
Race to Dubai bonus pool payout:
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose