Simpson fifth in OWGR; one player up 560 spots
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 18, 2012 10:17 AM ET
Newly crowned U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson is now fifth in the Official World Golf Ranking. The Wake Forest product improved nine spots for winning his first major championship at The Olympic Club on Sunday.
The top four remain the same as last week, with Luke Donald, Rory McIlroy, Lee Westwood and Tiger Woods ahead of Simpson. Bubba Watson, Matt Kuchar, Jason Dufner, Justin Rose and Hunter Mahan round out the top 10.
John Peterson finished tied for fourth place at San Francisco. For his effort, he gained 560 places in the ranking to 271st.
- Woods pulls out of AT&T with strained elbow
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path