Simpson fifth in OWGR; one player up 560 spots
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 18, 2012 10:17 AM ET
Newly crowned U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson is now fifth in the Official World Golf Ranking. The Wake Forest product improved nine spots for winning his first major championship at The Olympic Club on Sunday.
The top four remain the same as last week, with Luke Donald, Rory McIlroy, Lee Westwood and Tiger Woods ahead of Simpson. Bubba Watson, Matt Kuchar, Jason Dufner, Justin Rose and Hunter Mahan round out the top 10.
John Peterson finished tied for fourth place at San Francisco. For his effort, he gained 560 places in the ranking to 271st.
Facing a likely missed cut, John Daly withdrew from the Stadion Classic on the Web.com Tour after nine holes Friday, citing a shoulder injury. Read More
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process