×
Golf Channel Mobile
Golf Channel
Free
install
Franklin Templeton Shootout View Leaderboard >
  • 1
  • Day/Tringale
  • -32
  • F
  • T3
  • Bradley/Villegas
  • -29
  • F
  • T3
  • Horschel/Poulter
  • -29
  • F
  • T5
  • McDowell/Woodland
  • -28
  • F
  • T7
  • Howell III/Verplank
  • -26
  • F
  • T7
  • Leonard/Sabbatini
  • -26
  • F
  • 9
  • Palmer/Walker
  • -25
  • F
  • 10
  • Reed/Snedeker
  • -24
  • F
Prev Next

GFC Search

 

USGA's Davis: Anchoring update expected soon

RSS

USGA executive director Mike Davis said last year’s announcement of a potential anchoring ban and the ensuing 90-day comment period has been all part of a “great process.”

Of course, some players might disagree, most notably four of the past six major winners, who have employed an anchored stroke.

But as he mentioned in November and reiterated again Monday on Golf Channel’s “Morning Drive,” Davis said the governing bodies (USGA and R&A) hope to make an official announcement sometime this spring, though no specific date was mentioned. 

Joe Ogilvie, a longtime member of the PGA Tour Player Advisory Council, sent out this tweet last week:

“We have taken a couple months to really assess all that information and really look at it,” Davis said. “We do anticipate a decision sometime this spring. But we’re still in the midst of putting all that together. It was a great process.” 

For those wondering: The last day of spring is June 20.