With Snedeker out, Jacobson in Match Play field
- By Ryan Lavner
- Feb 12, 2013 3:31 PM ET
Two days later, his plans have changed.
Last year, Jacobson lost in the opening round to Robert Karlsson, 6 and 5. It was his third appearance in the event, and first since 2005.
Though the field for the Feb. 20-24 event is set, the seeding won’t be finalized until Sunday, when the world rankings are updated following the final round of the Northern Trust Open.
At Pebble Beach, Jacobson needed to finish solo seventh or better to move into the top 64 and automatically qualify for the Match Play. An improbable birdie by Patrick Reed on the last hole, however, dropped him into a share of seventh, thus bumping Jacobson out of the Match Play by .0002 points.
A late birdie by Patrick Reed bumped Fredrik Jacobson out of the WGC-Match Play and solidified Shane Lowry's spot. Read More
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots