With Snedeker out, Jacobson in Match Play field
- By Ryan Lavner
- Feb 12, 2013 3:31 PM ET
Two days later, his plans have changed.
Last year, Jacobson lost in the opening round to Robert Karlsson, 6 and 5. It was his third appearance in the event, and first since 2005.
Though the field for the Feb. 20-24 event is set, the seeding won’t be finalized until Sunday, when the world rankings are updated following the final round of the Northern Trust Open.
At Pebble Beach, Jacobson needed to finish solo seventh or better to move into the top 64 and automatically qualify for the Match Play. An improbable birdie by Patrick Reed on the last hole, however, dropped him into a share of seventh, thus bumping Jacobson out of the Match Play by .0002 points.
A late birdie by Patrick Reed bumped Fredrik Jacobson out of the WGC-Match Play and solidified Shane Lowry's spot. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- R. Palmer uses local knowledge in Colonial 62
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms Rory's BMW PGA opener
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation