At 6-foot-7, Justice cuts an imposing figure, but the golfers are worried about his weight and have come up with a plan to help.
“I told him I’d give him $100 for every pound he loses, to any charity he wants,” Daly said after posting a final-round 65 at Justice’s own Greenbrier Classic. “Tiger said he’d do it, too. Because we care about him. He’s a big guy. If we could get him to lose some weight and add about 30-40 years to his life, he’ll be happy. It’s time somebody did something for him after him always doing something for everybody else.”
Daly added that he revealed the plan to Justice when they saw each other on the first tee Sunday morning.
“He’s just got the biggest heart of any man I’ve ever known,” Daly said. “I just want him to know that we all care about him. We want to add years to his life. The guy is 6-7. Every year I talk to him, his back is hurting him, and his knees are hurting him. I can get to my doctor and help him lose a ton of weight. He’ll feel better. We just want to help him.”
Earlier in the week, it was announced that Justice has extended his contract with the PGA Tour, keeping an annual event at The Greenbrier through at least 2021.
Woods previously missed the cut here on Friday, posting scores of 71-69.
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots