Before the PGA TOUR Playoffs, Feinstein said that the Nationwide Tour Championship would be more compelling than the TOUR Championship. Despite the fact that the TOUR Championship at East Lake was very dramatic, he is sticking to his earlier statement because while Haas played for and won $11.4 million, the 60 players at Daniel Island are playing for 25 full jobs on the PGA TOUR in 2012. He is looking very closely at Billy Hurley III who is 25th and could go from the military to the PGA TOUR. He is very impressed with the accomplishment of Tom Pernice, Jr. who at the age of 52 earned a PGA TOUR card in 2012 to go with his Champions Tour card. He deserves a lot of credit for showing that he is willing to do what it takes to play on the PGA TOUR and then show that he can do it. On the possibility that Q-School will no longer be a path to the PGA TOUR, he does not want to see this path go away although he does not think the event itself will go away altogether. Many believe that the Nationwide Tour is a better test to determine the best players to advance to the PGA TOUR but Q-School is golf’s Field of Dreams as players have a chance in one week to go from the mini tours to the PGA TOUR. You change that path, you take away dreams from a lot of people. He does not blame Luke Donald for being frustrated with the PGA TOUR because you do not change the rules in mid-stream and agrees that the whole thing looks sketchy. While he does not believe that there is any bias against non-American players, he feels that the whole situation does not look good.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play