Tony Dovolani is a professional ballroom dancer and instructor on “Dancing with the Stars” as well as an avid golfer. The proudest moment of his life was becoming the USA Rhythm Champion because as an immigrant to this country, he has great appreciation for everything that the United States has given him.
He is very passionate about playing golf and watching golf. He played in the pro-am portion of the Humana Challenge and he is a 4 handicap but wants to get to a 2 handicap. The best way he thinks he can reduce his handicap is increasing his scoring opportunities.
Some of the golfers he would love to see participate on Dancing with the Stars are Paula Creamer, Christina Kim, Natalie Gulbis, and also Phil Mickelson. He also said that Tiger Woods is not among that group in large part because he has bad knees. Greg Norman has been asked to be on the show but he has declined and Dovolani noted that a number of other legendary players have been asked but have declined but would not go into any details. Personally, Dovolani would love to see Jack Nicklaus participate on “Dancing.”
When he got involved with “Dancing with the Stars,” he knew it would be a huge success because of his involvement with the British version of the show. He actually had to turn down the first offer to do the show because of his involvement with the British show. Some of the greatest and longest lasting entertainers in the world are dancers so he had no doubt that lots of people would want to watch “Dancing With the Stars.”
He can tell immediately whether or not someone will be a good dancer based on the way they walk. Everyone has their own sense of rhythm and feel and to be a good dancer you have to have an understanding of how to handle the floor just as a good golfer needs to have an understanding of how to handle a golf club.
Following the Back Nine, Tony gave Holly Sonders a dance lesson right in the Morning Drive Studio. The next season of “Dancing with the Stars” begins on March 19th.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Wind howling at Nelson | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets maiden victory at Madeira Islands | Results
- Chella Choi leads Mobile Bay; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play