NBC Sports Group and Rory McIlroy have teamed to bring golf fans a one-of-a-kind, subscription program called GolfPass. (Click here to check it out)
GolfPass delivers to consumers inside access to McIlroy’s life, on and off the course, as well as access to instructional tools, travel and shopping perks, and exclusive access to prime Golf Channel videos.
“Golf has been a constant in my life, a passion I share with millions of others. This collaboration between NBC Sports and Rory McIlroy Inc. on GolfPass is driven by my desire to enrich the game’s experience for golfers all over the world,” said McIlroy.
“Arnold Palmer showed tremendous vision when founding Golf Channel in 1995 and I’m thrilled with the prospect of helping to lead the game further into the digital era with GolfPass and additional NBC Sports partnerships that help make golf more accessible and fun.”
GolfPass benefits are centered on five pillars, which are the most frequent ways golfers engage in the sport:
- GolfPass members receive a free round of golf each month, good at a choice of 7,000 GolfNow partner courses in 26 countries, including TPC Sawgrass, PGA National, Pasatiempo Golf Club and Royal Portrush (site of this year’s Open Championship). GolfPass+ members ($199 per year) receive additional benefits on GolfNow, including waived booking fees, cancellation protection and extra rewards points
- At launch, GolfPass members will have access to more than 4,000 videos featuring elite instructional content from the likes of Sean Foley (Justin Rose’s swing coach) and Cameron McCormack (Jordan Spieth). McIlroy and coach Michael Bannon also showcase “Lessons with a Champion Golf” (more on that below). In addition, there are classic lessons and swing tips from Golf Channel’s award-winning coaches as well as a host of Hall of Fame talent.
- Showcasing a video library totaling more than 1,000 hours this year, including more than 200 hours at launch, GolfPass is home to exclusive originals – “My Roots: Rory McIlroy”, “My Daily Routine”, and “Toughest Tracks” – as well as Golf Channel’s archive of award-winning franchises, documentaries and historic competitions.
- Annual GolfPass members receive a dozen free TaylorMade golf balls, and all GolfPass membership levels can shop more than 50 brands and take advantage of exclusive member pricing on clubs, apparel, accessories, digital instructional tools and training aids. Free shipping is available on every order in the U.S. and Canada, with a shipping credit offered for international orders.
- New GolfPass members receive insider travel information and custom itineraries built from the Golf Advisor editorial team’s experience at more than 10,000 golf destinations around the world. Additionally, a $100 travel credit at a selection of top resorts like Streamsong Golf Resort, Sea Island, and Sea Pines Resort will help enhance GolfPass members’ next golf getaway.
Membership runs at $9.99 per month or $99 annually and is available now in North America, with upcoming launches in the U.K., Ireland and Australia.
“GolfPass is built upon NBC Sports’ robust portfolio of lifestyle brands, technology and expertise that connect golfers with their passion,” said Mike McCarley, president, GOLF, NBC Sports. “We partnered with Rory McIlroy on GolfPass not only because of his reputation as an approachable, genuine and global ambassador for golf, but also to harness his eagerness to modernize how golfers engage with the sport in their daily lives – whether watching a screen or with a club in their hand.”
McIlroy, a four-time major champion, is a GolfPass founder and has taken part in a series of original content that is ready for launch:
My Roots: Rory McIlroy
- McIlroy shares his own story – openly and honestly – from his humble beginnings to his meteoric rise to world No. 1, four-time major champion and FedExCup champion. “My Roots” is the first six-chapter installment of this GolfPass originals interview series, which will capture the journeys of a wide spectrum of leaders from across the golf landscape.
My Daily Routine
- McIlroy kicks off this GolfPass original series where top golfers, athletes, entertainers and acclaimed business professionals talk about the things they do each day to keep them sharp – including tips spanning from their morning rituals to how they wind down at night.
Lessons with a Champion Golfer
- In the first season of this GolfPass originals instructional series, members learn directly from McIlroy and his lifetime instructor, Michael Bannon, as they share drills and tips used throughout McIlroy’s career. This 12-part series features premium-quality instruction and utilizes top technology, including a Swing 360 camera, specialty graphics, Toptracer and Trackman stats.
- Travel the globe with top golfers, celebrities and Golf Channel personalities to find out how they navigate some of the hardest holes in golf. In the first episode, McIlroy walks the newly designed seventh hole and several others at Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland, site of The Open this year.
Click here to see all that GolfPass has to offer.