Tiger testing different shafts for his driver
- By Rex Hoggard
- Jul 1, 2009 1:27 PM ET
On Thursday at Quail Hollow, the TW sweepstakes seemed to go to newcomer Oban Composites, a Glenview, Ill.-based company. Woods, who had played Mitsubishi’s Diamana White shaft through the Masters, used a prototype shaft from Oban called the Mach4 on his way to an opening-round 65.
On Oban's website, the Mach4 is said to deliver a low- to mid-launch and low spin for a more piercing ball flight.
"It's exactly the same weight, just a different company," Woods said on Thursday of his new shaft.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path