Tiger testing different shafts for his driver
- By Rex Hoggard
- Jul 1, 2009 1:27 PM ET
On Thursday at Quail Hollow, the TW sweepstakes seemed to go to newcomer Oban Composites, a Glenview, Ill.-based company. Woods, who had played Mitsubishi’s Diamana White shaft through the Masters, used a prototype shaft from Oban called the Mach4 on his way to an opening-round 65.
On Oban's website, the Mach4 is said to deliver a low- to mid-launch and low spin for a more piercing ball flight.
"It's exactly the same weight, just a different company," Woods said on Thursday of his new shaft.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots