Christmas came early: Creamer's striped socks
- By Bailey Mosier
- Sep 19, 2012 5:34 PM ET
Christmas came early this year for fans watching the Ricoh Women's British Open.
Paula Creamer sported red and white striped, thigh high socks Saturday at Royal Liverpool during the second round of the Women's British. The red and white striped socks were the focal point of her otherwise all white outfit, red and white striped shoes and red bag.
I'm a fan of the red and white color combo, and I applaud Creamer for keeping her wardrobe red-hot despite blustery British conditions, but I'm afraid her socks are more North Pole gone south than candy cane sweet.
Creamer is among many LPGA pros turning to thigh highs to heighten their fashion footprint on course, and the trend has been building momentum for a couple years. This isn't the first time we've seen her in the striped stockings, but there's just something about the red that seems too much.
Creamer finished the Women's British in solo third, 10 shots behind winner Jiyai Shin, just six days after losing to her in a playoff at the Kingsmill Championship.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path