Continuing with the recent trend in crossover golf shoes, Nike Golf announced the arrival of its Dunk NG golf shoe for 2012. Anthony Kim and Paul Casey will lace up the new shoes this season, in addition to other Nike shoe offerings.
The shoe is based on the original Nike Dunk basketball shoe, created 27 years ago. To ready it for golf course wear and tear, Nike made the full-grain leather waterproof, which it guarantees for two years. The shoe is also outfitted with Scorpion Stinger spikes on the outer-sole.
Three colors will be offered for both men and women, and the shoes will ship with two pairs of shoelaces. They are now available in stores with the men’s shoe selling for $129.99 and the women’s shoe for $99.99.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TaylorMade: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on ban: 'Not going to roll over and accept this'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth