Pink power: Bubba's big drives will benefit charity
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jan 24, 2012 4:00 PM ET
Bubba Watson rivals Aerosmith for his love of pink, and his appreciation for the color will be a centerpiece in a season-long charitable effort for the world No. 21.
Watson unveiled the campaign, dubbed Bubba and Friends Drive to a Million, on Tuesday at the Farmers Insurance Open and on his website.
Watson will play this season with a Ping G20 driver with a pink head and shaft, aiming to raise in upwards of $1 million for charity. The club maker will donate $300 for the first 300 drives measuring 300 or more yards in 2012. Last season, Watson had 483 drives greater than 300 yards.
Ping contributed $10,000 to start the effort. In total, Ping could provide 10 percent of Watson's goal.
Tags: Bubba Watson
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots