Crane WDs with back injury, still in PGA field
- By Jason Sobel
- Aug 4, 2012 5:25 PM ET
AKRON, Ohio – Ben Crane withdrew on the sixth hole in the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational third round on Saturday, citing a back injury.
Following scores of 66-75 in the first two rounds, he was 1 over through five when he was forced to WD.
Crane remains listed in the field for next week's PGA Championship.
A member at Colonial Country Club, Ryan Palmer put his local knowledge to use Thursday, carding an 8-under 62 in the opening round of Crowne Plaza Invitational to open up a two-shot lead. Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots