Dallas feeling like Vegas in Round 1 of Byron Nelson
- By Jason Sobel
- May 17, 2012 4:52 PM ET
IRVING, Texas – There is a decidedly Vegas feel to the early leaderboard at the Byron Nelson Championship – and that doesn’t even include Jhonattan Vegas, who posted an opening-round 3-under 67 on Thursday.
Maybe there was a correlation in the weather.
“In Vegas it either blows 0 or 40, there is no in between,” Lunde said. “The humidity is not bad here today, so similar to Vegas.”
For Lunde’s boyhood buddy, it was a surprise appearance on the leaderboard.
“I haven't hit that great; actually coming in this week wasn't hitting that well,” said Hoffman, who owns just three top-25 finishes in 13 starts this season. “Today I hit it good, hit it where I aimed, which was nice for a change. It's definitely easier to play golf when you know where it's going.”
From the Sergio Garcia-Tiger Woods drama at The Players to the induction of Fred Couples and Colin Montgomerie into the World Golf Hall of Fame, enjoy this week's edition of Quotes of the Week. Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots