Dallas feeling like Vegas in Round 1 of Byron Nelson
- By Jason Sobel
- May 17, 2012 4:52 PM ET
IRVING, Texas – There is a decidedly Vegas feel to the early leaderboard at the Byron Nelson Championship – and that doesn’t even include Jhonattan Vegas, who posted an opening-round 3-under 67 on Thursday.
Maybe there was a correlation in the weather.
“In Vegas it either blows 0 or 40, there is no in between,” Lunde said. “The humidity is not bad here today, so similar to Vegas.”
For Lunde’s boyhood buddy, it was a surprise appearance on the leaderboard.
“I haven't hit that great; actually coming in this week wasn't hitting that well,” said Hoffman, who owns just three top-25 finishes in 13 starts this season. “Today I hit it good, hit it where I aimed, which was nice for a change. It's definitely easier to play golf when you know where it's going.”
From the Sergio Garcia-Tiger Woods drama at The Players to the induction of Fred Couples and Colin Montgomerie into the World Golf Hall of Fame, enjoy this week's edition of Quotes of the Week. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- R. Palmer uses local knowledge in Colonial 62
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms Rory's BMW PGA opener
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation