Jordan to serve as advisor at hometown Ryder Cup
- By Ryan Lavner
- Sep 5, 2012 10:13 PM ET
Captain Davis Love III is turning to a Chicago icon to help the United States win back the Ryder Cup.
Six-time NBA champion Michael Jordan, who has previously served as an assistant captain for Fred Couples at the Presidents Cup, will be used as both an advisor and motivator at this month’s Ryder Cup at Medinah, Love revealed earlier this week.
“I’ve talked to him. Michael’s going to be hanging around with Fred probably a lot and be an influence,” Love said, according to The Guardian. “I told Michael this a couple weeks ago. One of the neatest things I ever saw in the Ryder Cup was Michael riding in a golf cart with Tom Kite. He came out to watch Freddie and I play, and I thought that was one of the coolest things.
“I want my team, like Fred and I did, to get to see Michael. Rather than him sneaking around in the gallery, I want him to be seen and I want him to be in our team room, be hanging around and be a great influence.”
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots