Ladies drive away with Kias, performance awards
- By Randall Mell
- Nov 17, 2012 4:45 PM ET
NAPLES, Fla. – With LPGA pros winning four cars Saturday at the CME Group Titleholders, “Moving Day” had new meaning at TwinEagles Club.
The LPGA’s Kia Performance Awards were given out in compelling fashion at the end of the third round.
The four Kia Optimum Ltd. automobiles won as prizes in the season-long competition were presented at the 18th hole. The automobiles were stationed in the fairway at the foot of the green.
The winners were:
• Stacy Lewis, Kia Drive to the Top, given to the player with the most top 10s in 2012. Lewis recorded 16.
• Brittany Lincicome, Kia Power Drive, for leading the LPGA in driving distance (275 yards per drive).
• Inbee Park, Kia Most Compelling Performance, for her 10 consecutive top-10 finishes. This award was decided by a vote of LPGA fans.
• Angela Stanford, Kia Community Assist, for the charitable work of the Angela Stanford Foundation.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth