Leishman moves to No. 78 in world ranking
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 25, 2012 10:20 AM ET
After picking up his first PGA Tour win on Sunday at the Travelers Championship, Marc Leishman is now 78th in the latest Official World Golf Ranking.
The Aussie moved up 82 places from No. 160 with the victory. Runner-up Charley Hoffman cracked the top 100, moving to 92nd from 129th.
The top 12 in the ranking did not change this week, with Luke Donald holding a 1.07-point lead over Rory McIlroy for the top spot. Lee Westwood, Tiger Woods, Webb Simpson, Bubba Watson, Matt Kuchar, Jason Dufner, Justin Rose and Hunter Mahan round out the top 10.
Danny Willett moved up 89 spots to No. 115. The Englishman won his first European Tour title in a four-hole playoff over Marcus Fraser for the BMW International Open in Germany. Fraser improved 15 spots to 77th.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots