Lost in translation: Murray calls Scottish press 'morons'
- By Will Gray
- Oct 5, 2012 1:02 PM ET
Bill Murray may have lost something in translation this week with the Scottish press.
While on the range at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship, Murray bristled at some of the questions offered by the local media, calling them "morons" and "shameless."
"It's gonna ruin my golf day to talk to another moron," Murray said while getting ready for his round on the Old Course at St. Andrews as part of the event's pro-am portion. "What's with you guys?"
When asked how much he looked forward to golfing this week in Scotland, the "Caddyshack" star paused before supplying a terse response.
"Much more than I'm looking forward to speaking any further with you."
When reporters caught up with Murray following his round, the exchange became a bit more pleasant.
Tags: Bill Murray
Bill Haas said that reports of a neck injury at last week's Arnold Palmer Invitational were blown out of proportion and that it's fine. Read More
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae