CARMEL, Ind. – Rory McIlroy will tee it up in the same tournament as Tiger Woods today for the 43rd time as a professional in a PGA Tour or European Tour event.
Since turning pro late in 2007, McIlroy is 22-17-3 when measured against how Woods finished in those common events.
McIlroy has won four of those events, Woods has won three.
McIlroy is 13-5-2 finishing ahead of Woods in the same events the last two seasons.
The story’s different when comparing how they do when going head-to-head in the same pairing. In the six times they’ve played together as pros, Woods has posted the better score five times.
The final round of the BMW Championship will go off in twosomes for the first time this week. And the final few groups are names that will get your attention. Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots