Report: McIlroy teaming with MJ at member-guest
- By Ryan Lavner
- Mar 11, 2013 6:26 PM ET
Golf World senior writer and Golf Channel insider Tim Rosaforte reported Monday that McIlroy was on the pairing sheet for this week’s Medalist Golf Club member-guest tournament, where on Friday the world No. 1 will partner with member Michael Jordan in the gross division of the Stableford format.
And with whom are they paired? Tiger Woods and Ahmad Rashad, of course. Seems the PGA Tour isn’t the only one that enjoys featured groups.
When asked about the competition after his final round at Doral, where he closed with 65 to finish in a tie for eighth, McIlroy told reporters, “(Jordan) has asked me, so depending on what my schedule is and where I have to be, I’ve got a few things to do next week, so we’ll see.”
McIlroy belongs to the Bear’s Club, where both Rashad and Jordan are members.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots