Report: McIlroy teaming with MJ at member-guest
- By Ryan Lavner
- Mar 11, 2013 6:26 PM ET
Golf World senior writer and Golf Channel insider Tim Rosaforte reported Monday that McIlroy was on the pairing sheet for this week’s Medalist Golf Club member-guest tournament, where on Friday the world No. 1 will partner with member Michael Jordan in the gross division of the Stableford format.
And with whom are they paired? Tiger Woods and Ahmad Rashad, of course. Seems the PGA Tour isn’t the only one that enjoys featured groups.
When asked about the competition after his final round at Doral, where he closed with 65 to finish in a tie for eighth, McIlroy told reporters, “(Jordan) has asked me, so depending on what my schedule is and where I have to be, I’ve got a few things to do next week, so we’ll see.”
McIlroy belongs to the Bear’s Club, where both Rashad and Jordan are members.
- SCORING: McDowell, Jaidee in Match Play final
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process