Tony Romo will not attempt to qualify for the U.S. Open. The Dallas Cowboys quarterback said he will skip the May 14 local qualifier at Old American Golf Club, according to ESPNDallas.com.
An Antonio Romo was listed in the qualifying field at Old American on the U.S. Golf Association’s website, but Romo stated the application was not made by him.
The Cowboys started a supervised offseason program Monday, though, Romo has reportedly been working out with teammates for more than a month.
Romo reached sectional qualifying two years ago. He missed the cut at local qualifying last year.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots