Tony Romo will not attempt to qualify for the U.S. Open. The Dallas Cowboys quarterback said he will skip the May 14 local qualifier at Old American Golf Club, according to ESPNDallas.com.
An Antonio Romo was listed in the qualifying field at Old American on the U.S. Golf Association’s website, but Romo stated the application was not made by him.
The Cowboys started a supervised offseason program Monday, though, Romo has reportedly been working out with teammates for more than a month.
Romo reached sectional qualifying two years ago. He missed the cut at local qualifying last year.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path