Rory: 'Dream come true' to face Tiger in Turkey
- By Ryan Lavner
- Oct 8, 2012 3:18 PM ET
The world Nos. 1 and 2 are scheduled to face off Wednesday in the inaugural, eight-man Turkish Airlines World Golf final in Belek, Turkey. The medal-match play event begins Tuesday at Antalya Golf Club.
“It’s something I am looking forward to,” McIlroy said Monday, according to Sky Sports. “Tiger has been a hero of mine growing up, so to compete against him is a dream come true. This will be the first match we have had head-to-head, and it’s a match I would really like to win.”
“I’m going to get to the course a little early tomorrow to hit a few balls and see if it’s still there,” McIlroy said, according to the report.
And then, referring to his infamous late arrival Sunday at Medinah, the Northern Irishman quipped, “And I will make sure I am in the right time zone!”
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae