DUNSANY, Ireland – The United States will be looking to cut into Europe’s 4½ to 3½ lead in Saturday’s morning foursomes.
Here are the matchups (in Eastern Time):
2:40 a.m. – Angela Stanford and Stacy Lewis (USA) vs. Caroline Hedwall and Sophie Gustafson (Europe)
The lowdown: Hedwall and Gustafson proved dynamos Friday, routing Brittany Lincicome and Vicky Hurst in fourballs in the afternoon. They’ll be looking to be just as formidable in alternate shot against Lewis and Stanford, who lost their Friday foursomes match together.
2:52 a.m. – Morgan Pressel and Ryann O’Toole (USA) vs. Karen Stupples and Christel Boeljon (Europe)
The lowdown: Pressel and O’Toole take loads of confidence into Saturday after their impressive finishes in Friday’s fourballs. Stupples will be guiding a Solheim Cup rookie in a format that’s tough for a first appearance. Boeljon sat all Friday.
3:04 a.m. – Brittany Lang and Juli Inkster (USA) vs. Maria Hjorth and Anna Nordqvist (Europe)
The lowdown: Hjorth and Nordqvist had to be fuming after chunking, shanking and skulling away holes in Friday foursomes loss to Kerr and Wie. They’re better than that and will be looking to prove it Saturday.
3:16 a.m. – Cristie Kerr and Paula Creamer (USA) vs. Catriona Matthew and Azahara Munoz (Europe)
The lowdown: Kerr and Creamer might be the best American team when this all said and done. Creamer hits tons of greens and Kerr rolls in tons of putts.
Tags: Solheim Cup
- Kuchar leads as rain halts play at Colonial | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots