Video: Walk-off ace at Senior Women's Amateur
- By Ryan Lavner
- Sep 12, 2012 1:15 PM ET
Now that is how you close out a match.
Locked in a taut second-round battle with Corey Weworski at the U.S. Senior Women’s Amateur, Anna Schultz aced the 154-yard 17th hole at Hershey Country Club to dramatically win her match, 3 and 1. She used a 6-iron hybrid.
It was the 10th hole-in-one in tournament history.
“You always dream of this, that you are going to make a hole-in-one or do something spectacular to win the match,” Schultz, 54, said, according to the USGA. “I was just trying to hit the green because I was 2 up with two to go, and I put it in the middle of the green and it fed right to the hole.”
Schultz, who won the 2007 U.S. Senior Women’s Am, lost her third-round match against Lisa Schlesinger, but her shot Tuesday is now a part of tournament lore.
Tags: USGA Senior Amateur
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play